2022 Intergroup Rules and regulations
1. For the purpose of these rules, a sports group is any group of runners, minimum 10, belonging to a club, a school or a company. It is also possible for a group that does not belong to any of the three above-mentioned entities to form a group under “various groups”.
2. Competitors registered under one or other of the groups listed below, with the exception of the one called “various groups”, are taken into consideration for the establishment of the classifications:
Interclubs: All members, licensed or not, who are permanently part of a club as defined in its own statutes, may participate in this classification. All age categories are considered in the Pace Block and Escaladelite races.
Inter-company: All persons, apprentices, employees or managers of the same company can participate in this classification. Higher education institutions, in particular universities and Hautes Ecoles, can also take part in this ranking. Spouses and children may be enrolled in the group but are excluded from the inter-company classification. All age categories from Juniors onwards are taken into account in the block races and the Escaladélite races.
Inter-school: All students from the same school can participate in this classification, for categories up to Junior. For the categories Women I, Men I, Escaladélite, only athletes who are maximum 23 years old in the year of the race are considered.
Various groups: Anyone can form a group of a minimum of 10 people, not belonging to any of the 3 entities mentioned above and without any legal form. It is obvious that for reasons of sports equity, no ranking is established for this type of grouping.
The composition of the grouping of the 4 above-mentioned entities can be mixed, i.e. containing competitors belonging to different age groups and registered in different races, in compliance with the criteria indicated above.
3. It is not possible for groups to benefit from a discount when registering for 2 races for the same person or for a “family” registration.
4. For the establishment of an InterClub, InterCompany and InterSchool ranking, the performance relative to the category in which each competitor belongs will be calculated. This performance will be expressed as the quotient of the rank obtained in relation to the total number of runners classified in the same category. If for example a runner finishes 45th in his category, for a number of classified runners amounting to 900, his performance will be : 45/900 or 0.0500. Only the performances of the runners in the block races and the Escaladélite will be taken into account in the establishment of these 3 inter-group classifications.
5. For the Escaladélite, in order not to penalize the runners of this race, the time achieved in this event will be used to recalculate a theoretical classification in its age category. This theoretical ranking will be taken into account in establishing the intergroup ranking. As the women’s Escaladélite will run 3 laps, in order to calculate the time taken into account for the inter-group classification, a rule of 3 of the time recorded in relation to the distance will be applied, with a discount of 5%. Example : 35 mn / 7.323 * 4.832 – 5% = 21 mn 56 s
6. Participants in block races also participate in the intergroup classification. In order not to penalize women who run 3 laps and not to give an advantage to men who run two laps, the time achieved in these events will be used to recalculate a theoretical classification in its age category. This theoretical ranking will be taken into account in establishing the intergroup ranking. To calculate the time taken into account for the inter-group classification, a rule of 3 of the time recorded in relation to the distance will be applied, with a deduction of 5% for women (3 laps) and with a penalty of 10% for men (2 laps).
Example for women who run 3 laps: (35 mn / 7.323) * 4.832 * 0.95 = 21 mn 56s
Example for men who run 2 laps: (25 mn / 4.832) * 7.323 * 1.1 = 41 mn 40s
For historical reasons, the inter-group classification will be established over 2 rounds for women and 3 rounds for men.
7. The club, school and company with the lowest sum of the ten best relative individual performances will each receive a special prize of CHF 500. The second best classified will receive a special prize of CHF 200 and the third best of CHF 100.
8. Only one inter-group classification per event is possible. However, it is possible to participate simultaneously in the family classification and in one of the inter-group classifications.
The concept of relative performance measures, on a scale of zero to one, the level at which the runner ranks in his category. In order to establish the ranking of each group, the sum of the ten best relative performances within each group will be calculated.
The times achieved by the participants in the “parents-children” race, the walking race, the Marmite, the FlexiMix race and the relay are not taken into account for the establishment of these rankings.
Persons who do not meet the conditions for participation in the classification as defined under 2. can be included in a collective registration list (e.g. child in a company list, adult in a school list). Their registration will be duly recorded but their performance will not be included in the calculation of the group’s relative performance.
9. The person in charge of registering the group via the ad hoc platform https://groupes.escalade.ch is asked during the registration process 3 questions related to personal data, for the whole group: the first one is about the agreement to use email addresses to send newsletters from the Course de l’Escalade, the second and the third one about the agreement to put photos and videos of the different participants of the group online for consultation. If the person responsible for registering the group answers no to any of these questions and then changes his or her mind, a request must be made within 40 days of the race to email@example.com specifying whether the request concerns the whole group or listing the participants concerned. After this period, the photos and video can no longer be activated.