The committee of the Escalade race have the pleasure to welcome for the 41 edition as guest of honour the association Païdos.
Since 1997, Païdos association offer space and projects of : integration, reintegration and prevention for kids and teenagers in trouble in Geneva.
Founded in 1996, it is recognized by public utility and supported by the State, the city of Geneva, many private fondations and firms, members and also private donors.
To persue their goals, the association develops differents specifcs programs :
- “L’Atelier des Bricolos”: a creative workshop for kids from 4 to 12 years old focus on intercultural meeting between migrants and kids from Geneva.
- The center Pscychopédagogic for teenagers : a day center for teenagers who have psychological difficulties.
- Prevention : Sensitization Workshops in schools about discrimination issues.
In 2017, more than 740 kids and teenagers have been supported and also 1800 students have been sensitized.
The association also help for urgencies situations :
- Between the end of 2015 and 2017, more than 200 unaccompanied minor asylum seekers have been supported.
- Païdos is actually working on the problem of unaccompanied minors on the move and in a situation of great vulnerability.